A clean, healthy ocean that is accessible to all.
Inspire and educate the community to take action through environmentally responsible behaviors.
Working for a Clean, Healthy Ocean that is Accessible to All.
Our Programmatic Goals
- CLEAN: Identify, prevent and reduce marine debris and litter from the Aquidneck Island and Conanicut Island shorelines.
- OCEAN: Create vibrant coastal ecosystems with year-round clean, healthy water.
- ACCESS: Expand and preserve public access to the shoreline.
- Community Engagement: Recruit leaders in our community who will take action and foster environmentally responsible behaviors
- Data: Gather and analyze data to inform decision-making, change priorities and improve program delivery efficiency and effectiveness.
- Education & Outreach: Provide year-round experiential environmental education and outreach opportunities to promote stewardship and create the leaders of tomorrow.
- Marina Trash Skimmers: Advance the innovative marina trash skimmer technology for marine debris removal.
- Circular: Develop circular economies that benefit business, society, and the environment by focusing on regenerative designs to reduce consumption of finite resources.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We seek to embrace, value and support diversity of identity, experience, and background to more effectively impact our community.
We uphold a commitment to the scientific method and use successes and failures to adapt, learn, and improve in our fearless pursuit of innovation.
We pride ourselves on honesty and transparency as the foundation of our individual and collective actions.
- Community Leadership:
We listen to the needs of the community, advancing change by providing structure and expertise.
Driven by our love of the ocean, we have fun in the work we do.
The Board of Directors approved the by-laws on February 11, 2014. To obtain a copy please send email to secretary. We expect to make continuous improvements to the by-laws as well as adopting numerous policies as the organization evolves. Our goal is to have complete transparency and accountability and operate with the highest moral and ethical standards while providing metrics based on tangible results of performing our charitable services.
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Compensation Policy
- Anti Discrimination Policy
- Records Retention and Destruction Policy
- Whistle blower Policy
- Board Member Compensation Policy
- Advance Notice Policy
- Board Member listed on website Policy
- Expenditure Policy
Clean Ocean Access is a not-for-profit organization. All donations to Clean Ocean Access after February 20, 2014 are fully tax-deductible by the IRS code 501(C)3. Click here to view our federal tax exempt letter.